Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

So it's January 20th. Wow.

Four Years ago, Mr. Bush was inaugurated for the second time. Eight years ago, it happened for the first time. This is not designed to be a commentary on Mr. Bush or Mr. Obama. This is just some observations regarding where Mr. Bush's supporters are and where Mr. Obama's supporters are. I know, not grammatically correct, but...

It's Jan 20th, 2009. Inauguration day for Mr. O. There is a complete article about today on Wikipedia. By complete, I mean, holy cow! There is information about every aspect of the celebrations today already on the wikipedia. I'm sure there are a few people just updating the wiki's right now.

Google Bush's inauguration, 2004. Go ahead. I'll wait.

I just did it too... I could not find any single web site that covered the inauguration like this. I could not find a single comprehensive listing of the day's events. I wanted to compare music selections, speeches, etc., but I'm far too lazy to sift through all the amalgam of various pages to find what I'm looking for.

It's amazing to me that the country is so supportive of this new president. I am overall content with what is going on, but I will wait to see what happens next!

No comments: