Monday, September 21, 2009

Toddler World

My son has entered the whine everything phase of life. As I understand it, this phase lasts until around 23, then it gets worse.

He is sitting at the table this morning with my wife and I, asking for sugar. I did not realize that the phrase, "Sugar please," could have such a whine to it when it comes from the lips of a two-year-old.

Daddy came to the rescue and did the "Magical Cool-down" of the "tea." I swirled the cup and blew on it and somehow, that process made the boy's drink cooler.

Immediately more palatable, the drink needed to be poured into a treat holder that he got out of the drawer.

"No," his mother says. Whining commences. Request to put dice in the treat cup? "Sure," mommy says. Crisis averted.

Pleasant beverage still sits on the table.

No comments: